• Our Philosophy: Most clock repairers will do a “Major Overhaul Only” – in their shop only. That’s like getting your car’s engine completely rebuilt when only a bad spark plug wire is defective! Our Philosophy is to Repair What is Broken!
• Most of the time, I repair all types of clocks, right in your home. "We come to you".
• Typically I spend 1 to 1-1/4 hours in your home going over your clock and making necessary repairs or servicing your clock.
• More work is needed only about 30% of the time, and I'll show you exactly what items need further work in my shop. I'll quote you for the additional work, and your house call fee will be applied to the total repair. So, you either get your clock repaired for the house call fee or it is applied to the total job - what could be better!?!
• Why home service is best? Clocks are often damaged by the customer toting the clock off to a distant shop. Similarly, once the clock is repaired, it often doesn't run in the home, because it is not set up correctly. These common problems are eliminated by our total "In-Your-Home-Service."
• Price ranges offered. When complete overhauls are needed (about 1/3 of the time), we do those as well. We will NOT, however, recommend a complete overhaul unless it is truly needed. Our price range reflects this philosophy (i.e: lower cost options are available as compared to the "complete overhaul only" folks).
• Total cost. If you receive a quote for a "Free House Call" from someone (or their initial house call fee is lower), they will likely recommend either a complete overhaul or a replacement of the movement, when it may not be needed. Remember, it is the total that you pay for repairs that counts, not the initial house call fee. We have an established track record of saving people money on the total job.
• We repair watches too. Click here for more information.
• If you are outside our service area, Click here for information on our "Ship-it" National clock and watch repair.
Copyright 2013, JIM's Mobile Clock Repair